On April 22, 1970, 20 million Americans took to the streets, parks, and auditoriums to broadcast the negative effects of water and air pollution. They asked for a more healthy, sustainable environment, thus creating the first Earth Day.At AAA Water Systems, we know the importance of environmentally friendly water treatment systems. With our products, you will be able to use water and energy more efficiently. Every Kinetico system is non-electric and is powered by water pressure. The Kinetico water softener generates on-demand, not on a timer, meaning no water is flushing down the drain at night and less salt will be used. Here are some steps you can take to use water more efficiently in your home:
Now celebrating its 50th year, Earth Day’s 2020 theme is “Climate Action.” With Earth Day 2020 quickly coming up, let’s take a look at a few Kinetico and California environmental facts.
- Turn off the water while shaving and brushing your teeth.
- Shorten your showers: A four-minute shower can use 20-40 gallons of water.
- Only flush toilets when absolutely necessary.
- When doing laundry only wash with cold water to cut water usage and save on energy.
- Find and fix plumbing leaks: even a small leak can add up to a big water loss.
Contact AAA Water Systems today to discuss the options we have to help you use water more efficiently! Have a happy Earth Day!
- Kinetico has been awarded as the producer of “The World’s Most Efficient Water Softener.”
- In November 2016, California banned groceries and retailers from handing out plastic bags, to help thwart plastic pollution.
- According to the Solar Energy Industries Association, more people have installed solar panels in California than any other state.
- More than 2 billion people live in countries experiencing high water stress. The situation will likely worsen as populations and the demand for water grows, and as the effects of climate change intensify, according to the United Nations.
- In March 2009, the Earth Day Network launched a water-focused web portal that brings professionals, activists, and the public together to a single site focused entirely on the global freshwater crises.
- All Kinetico Systems are non-electric and use the power of moving water to operate.